Psssst. I got an award. It’s actually not even my first one but I have been really SHIT at doing the award posts. I’m a terrible blogger sometimes.
Anyway I promised I would do this one because I was so touched when the lovely Amy over at My Brain’s Escape nominated me as one of her go-to blogs. I mean the fact that I am anyone’s “go-to” blog is pretty freaking amazing. So I wanted to honour her by making the time to do this awards post. So, thank you Amy. Sorry it still took me around 6 weeks. Hopeless.
So with these things there are rules. Here are the rules for this one:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link back to their blog
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate 7 blogs, and give them 10 questions of your own
These are essentially big chain letters in case you haven’t noticed already but I do enjoy them for the questions. It is so fun to find out the little tidbits about the people you chat with regularly in blogging world. It makes everyone that little bit more “real”.
Let’s get onto the questions.
- If you could have any occupation, and your pay or benefits weren’t an issue, what would it be? I still don’t know the answer to this. I thought it was writing for awhile but I’m not so sure about that anymore. I freelance from home right now and I’m pretty happy with that for now but it’s hardly my passion. I’ve had an online retail store too (hated that and sold it recently). I guess I’ll figure it out. Right now I’m focused on making this baby. We’ll see about career when I am done with that part of my life.
- What is your favorite dessert food? Something with proper caramel.
- What kind of movies do you prefer to watch? I’m not really a movie person. I tend to watch TV shows more than movies.
- When you meet someone new, what is the first thing you usually notice about them? What sort of vibe I get from someone straight up usually dictates what happens from there. If I’m not liking the vibe and we don’t click, I usually don’t bother.
- What’s your most hated household chore? By definition chores are not to be enjoyed! Hmmm washing the dishes might be my least favourite.
- What would be your ideal vacation? These days somewhere with a fabulous kids club so I get some child free cocktail time as well as seeing some cool shit with my kid. Best of both worlds.
- Do you enjoy receiving flowers and cards, or do you feel it’s a waste of money? I love both. Any sort of gift that shows someone has been thinking of you is a blessing.
- If you have a coworker that you can’t stand, how do you deal with seeing/interacting with them daily? Wow, it’s been so long since I had to deal with this. I used to be civil and dodge them wherever possible.
- Are you close to your parents and siblings? Yes to all siblings and my mum. My dad is a jerk face alcoholic idiot so I guess you would say we aren’t that close.
- Do you have a good sense of design? Meaning: are you able to visualize what you would like your home/room to look like, and able to carry it out? Or are you better off hiring someone to do it for you? I SUCK at design. I know what I like but I’m screwed at putting it together. Which is why my house looks haphazard as opposed to magazine worthy.
OK now I get to nominate 7 other awesome bloggers. Here are some blogs I truly adore. Even if they don’t do this award post I will still love them because they are really are all that and then some. Some of them I have been following for years now and they truly are my soul sisters. You should check them out.
1. Zero to Done
Here are my questions for you should you choose to participate.
1. What is the thing you are most proud of in your life.
2. Name one thing on your bucket list you think you will certainly do.
3. Chocolate or lollies?
4. What is your favourite day of the week and why?
5. What is your first memory?
6. What is your must read book you recommend to everyone?
7. Your weakness when it comes to food.
8. Your favourite exercise.
9. Do you believe in God? Because why make all the questions so easy.
10. Do you have any bad habits? Spill.
I actually don’t know if any of these bloggers will actually do the post so I may never find out the answers to these questions but that’s ok. I will survive this.
Hope you’ve enjoyed the read peeps and thanks again, Amy.