Ugh. You guys. I think I have maxed out on caffeine and sugar and chocolate and ugh. I feel gross. I have hit my limit. I’m grumpy mcgrumperson more and more and it is because I am fueling my body with shit a good portion of time. I need a reboot.
I actually eat great meals full of whole foods, organic and locally grown fruit and veg where I can source it easily. Meat is the best quality I can afford. And yet my body is still struggling because of all the shiz I put in it otherwise. It just goes to show what an impact this stuff has.
So I decided I needed some accountability. I know you don’t really care what I eat day in and day out but I am going to blog about it for the next 21 days so I am accountable. I respect you guys so I’m going to feel like a right twat if I have to blog that I ate a family size block of chocolate in one sitting while on my health journey.
I am keeping it pretty simple for now. Here are my rules:
1. 2 serves fruit per day
2. 3 serves veg per day
3. No refined sugar AT ALL. I can use stevia and coconut sugar for cooking.
4. No COFFEE. I have been going hard on this lately WITH SUGAR too which is not my usual AT ALL. It all started with the filtered coffee in North America and has gone downhill from there. I can have the odd decaf if I really want to but really just want to try cutting it completely at the moment to break the habit. After the 21 days we can go back to one here and there, decaf espresso only as then I have no addiction and I don’t add sugar. Say hello lots of herbal teas and warm water with lemon.
5. Try to eat around 1200 calories per day. This isn’t entirely rigid. It is mainly as I’d like to shift a few kgs before the next round of IVF. It is OK if I go over if I am eating good nutritious food.
6. Treat food is allowed provided it is nutritious. So if I’m craving chocolate I can make something with raw cacao and dates yada yada. Nutrition is key. I have been dying to make a raw cheesecake so here is my chance.
These treats do still have calories so I am mindful that I may lose less weight if I’m indulging but if that’s what it takes then that is ok.
I’ll do you all a favour and blog any super delicious healthy treats I make so you can have a go at home too.
7. Blog about it daily. It’s all about accountability.
Have fun as you get a sneak peak into my food diary each day. Thanks in advance for being my cheer squad. You guys rock.
See you tomorrow for a weigh in. Eeeeeep.
One more thing!
You gotta check out this TEDx talk I happened to see today. I was already intending on starting this challenge and then I watched this and had one of those AHA moments. It all makes sense. It is only 18 mins long so do your life the favour and make time for it. It is valuable for any busy woman who feels crazy and like she simply JUST. CAN’T. DO. IT. ALL. And so worthwhile for any man/partner who thinks the wife might be losing her shit. Here you will get to understand why.