I had my meeting with Dr O today who honestly, didn’t have THAT much more to tell me than I already knew. Here are the bullet points:
- It was definitely endo that they removed – pathology back on that.
- Endo would be classed as mild at this stage
- Finding something is better than finding nothing at this point. The question is, is that the something that is the issue? There is no way of knowing for sure. A lot of women go on to conceive easily once the endo is removed but we have no idea if this was the clincher for me or not. Boo.
- If it’s not the endo then it comes down to age. Ouch. Let’s hope it’s the endo.
- Womb was clear (this is good for things like implantation).
- Abdominal wall has a shit load of adhesions due to previous surgery. He removed some by the looks of it. I’m not sure that it impacts / relates to my fertility at all. *shrug*
- Left tube is twisted and wonky. It doesn’t mean an egg CAN’T get down there but it is more tricky / less likely and more likely to result in an ectopic. *gulp* I have an irrational fear of ending up with one of these.
- We will commence priming for next round of IVF with my next period – due in about 3 weeks.
- Stims will commence the cycle after – late July.
And that’s that. Now it is just a period of deprivation for me (ie sweets and booze) in the hopes to create the most beautiful eggs possible. Oh and I’m starting back at acupuncture next week. I can do this.
I have actually been super healthy since returning from our trip in that my meals are GREAT and I’ve cut drinking 100% but I have been snacking on chocolate between meals quite frequently. And I mean like half a packet of biscuits or a half a family size block of chocolate. Not a a nibble. There is no nibbling, only scoffing.
I know I can make the healthy chocolate stuff with cacao but man, I’m too lazy sometimes. I will get onto it though. It’s now or never and really, this is the last time I’m going to have to do this. This is our last shot. In about 2.5 months I will know how many embryos we got and if they are healthy and aside from any future transfers we have I will be done.
I feel like our baby is just around the corner so I am going to believe that the endo was the problem. Please universe, let me be right JUST THIS ONCE.
JUST. THIS. ONCE.
And then there will be a baby and a pregnant tummy and all this 75,345 tablets per day will be done. Done. Annnnnnd done.